- Upper North Shore area
- Provide support in client’s homes and the community
- Rewarding and varied role in a value driven organisation
Achieve Australia is the premier provider of disability services and NDIS plan management in the Sydney and Northern Rivers regions of NSW.
Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
We have a number of part time and casual opportunities for Support Workers, to join our Drop In Support team.
As a Support Worker you will use your enthusiasm and experience to support independence for people with disability in all aspects of life. This support will be provided in our client's homes or the community and may include – but is not limited to – personal care, domestic and daily living support, budgeting, shopping, cooking and community participation.
There may also be opportunities to combine your work with Drop In, with work in some of our accommodation sites in the Hornsby area.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum Cert III Individual Support or Disability with 2 years' experience working within the disability sector
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Understanding and commitment to the Disability Standards and WHS.
- Understanding of human rights and the challenges facing those with a disability.
- Experience in working with and supporting individuals who have challenging behaviours and/or complex needs.
- Sound interpersonal, role modelling and customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to changing environments.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- NSW Driver's Licence (Green P2 or Full).
Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and we expect staff to share this commitment.
As a result, your application will be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including a criminal history, medical assessment, professional reference checks, driving record et al. Applications will be assessed on merit.