Support Worker – Children’s Services (Residential)
Aruma needs YOU (yes, you!)
Working with Children and Young People in Out of Home Care
Toowoomba | Permanent & Casual opportunities available
Children’s Services have an opportunity for you to work with children and young people aged between 5 and 17 years in residential out of home care who have experienced trauma and have a disability. If you thrive on variety then we want to hear from you!
At Aruma, we support children and people with a disability to live great lives. It’s the reason we exist – after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
Our Aruma team is an incredible bunch of people. They’re bold, brave and courageous. They see possibilities where others may not. They stand up for the things that matter and stand together as a team.
About the Role:
- Your role will be varied with no two days being the same.
- It will include providing direct care within a residential setting, ensuring a safe and nurturing home-like environment and promoting positive family relationships.
- You will work within a trauma-informed framework to make a real difference with children and young people who have complex needs and display challenging behaviours, including emotional dysregulation, verbal and physical aggression at times.
Please note: our services run a 24/7 roster model and the successful candidates will be need to be available to work on weekdays, weekends, sleepovers, and Public Holidays.
- Passionate about supporting children who have experienced trauma and have a disability
- Availability to work rostered shifts including sleepovers
- Certificate IV (or higher) in Child Youth and Family Intervention or equivalent qualification or willingness and ability to obtain
- You will be required to complete a Child Safety and Personal Screening Check and Criminal record check
- Hold or are willing to obtain a Blue Card, Yellow Card, Drivers Licence, First Aid and CPR. Be Job Ready - apply for a Blue Card via www.qld.gov.au/bluecard
Nice to have…
- Experience supporting children and young people in residential out of home care
- Experience supporting children and young people with trauma backgrounds and disabilities
What Aruma offers you:
- Regular rostered hours
- Training and professional development
Find out more about us at aruma.com.au
To be part of the Aruma journey, apply by 26th November 2020