CentacareCQ has opportunities for part-time Support Workers to join the Community Care Service Team based in Blackwater.
The pre-requisites of this position are as follows:
- Current Blue and Yellow Cards or be willing to obtain these
- Experience working with moderate to high challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated experience with personal care, medications, hoists & manual handling
- A current Australian Drivers Licence and be willing to transport people in your car when required
- A current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one
What we are looking for:
- A team player
- Need the ability to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
- Experience with personal care, medications, manual handling and behaviour support plans
- Be willing to work shift over a 24/7 roster and emergency shifts
- Domestic assistance, which may include sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, dusting, folding, ironing, cleaning bathroom and toilet and any other suitable house duties;
- Personal care - assisting clients with daily self-care tasks;
- Meals - to deliver in home meals or assist with preparation of meals;
- Transport - delivered in CentacareCQ vehicles
- Social support, such as visiting services, assisting people with shopping and other social activities;
- Medication assistance;
- Respite services.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in an Australian Federal Police check and a Working with children check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia, and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.