Support Facilitator Case Manager - Home & Healthy - Ashfield
- Not for profit salary packaging
- 2 year fixed Term contract, Commencing 1st July 2019
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Home and Healthy is a brand new program launching in Sydney with the aim to reduce the prevalence and impact of homelessness for adults leaving health facilities. This outcome based program will work with very complex clients providing a holistic and planned approach to housing, employment, training and community participation.
We are seeking to build our team of passionate Support Facilitators to join this new program. In this opportunity you will work closely with vulnerable clients as they move out of care and help them to build a pathway of independence. You will build on your current knowledge and experience working with the community assisting and empowering clients to achieve their goals.
- Respond to client referrals from local health facilities and work with clients that may be experiencing high levels of distress and have complex needs
- Work alongside our clients to determine sustainable housing options
- Work with our clients to develop a holistic life plan for housing, employment and general wellbeing
- Create and update individual client records to track and monitor progress and record all support services provided
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders including family/supports of consumers, service partners and government agencies;
Requirements for success
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, welfare or other related disciplines
- Ideally you will come from a background of Case Management, Rehabilitation or Workers Compensation ideally from working in Mental Health or Homelessness
- Experience in working with an outcomes based program
- Understanding of the complexity of working with a vulnerable client group
- Knowledge of the employment services, training and education industries would be an advantage.
- Skills in liaising, negotiating and advocating for our community
- Experience in collaborating with and creating external partnerships
- Valid driver’s License.
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check. In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences, opportunities for advancement and the chance to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and friendly culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, supported and celebrated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Salary packaging of $15,900 in tax-free pay per year (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Parental leave and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Volunteering opportunities
- Flexible workplace practices around rostered shifts and annual leave
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email [email protected]
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Support Facilitator PD.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.