STEPS Group Australia is a Not-for-Profit organisation, passionate about making a difference on a national scale. They pride themselves on providing individuals and communities with services, skills and opportunities to achieve their goals. An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced Support Coordinator to join the welcoming and supportive team in Maroochydore.
This position will facilitate individualised service navigation, intake and support coordination for NDIS eligible clients. The core responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate all day-to-day aspects of NDIS service navigation, quoting, intake and support coordination
- Engage with clients to undertake plan coordination services, informing clients of services and service providers available for purchase within their approved funding
- Build local knowledge of existing services, service pathways and networks of services and supports
- Collaborate with relevant agencies for all operational and day to day support requirements
- Provide supervision and support students, volunteers and support workers in delivery of services
- Conduct plan management activities, include regular monitoring and review of service provider invoices
- Promote an awareness of mental health / disability issues and STEPS Community Services throughout the wider community
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in the community sector within a similar position
- Relevant qualification and industry experience to the equivalent of a Diploma level
- Experience with ASD and Mental Health / Disability is essential
- Experience coordinating a broad range of community service programs, including the NDIS
- The ability to develop strong relationships with fellow staff, clients and key stakeholders within the community
- Hold open and clear communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Have confident computer, administration and reporting abilities
Applicants must also have the ability to complete a police check, hold a blue and yellow card and have a current driver's license.
Culture and Benefits
- Work with a feel good national organisation
- Diverse organisation that values people who bring vision and passion to their roles
- Package on offer includes salary sacrifice, phone and laptop
STEPS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this role