Assist NDIS participants to:
- Implement their plan and increase their capacity to manage/direct their own supports
- Have greater opportunities to explore and connect with their community and alternative support options
- Strengthen their informal support networks
- Maximise the value for money they receive from their supports
- Access and use the NDIS Participant Portal myplace
• Effectively communicate and maintain relationships with the NDIA
Action referrals in a timely manner
Support the NDIS participant to:
▪ Assess a number of mainstream, community, informal and provider options
▪ Select preferred options or providers
▪ Negotiate services to be provided and their prices
▪ Develop service agreements and create service bookings with preferred providers
▪ Arrange for any assessments required to determine the nature and type of funding required (e.g. assessment to determine the type of complex home modifications required)
▪ Determine the budget for each support type and advise any relevant plan manager of the breakdown of funds
▪ Liaise with any plan manager to establish the appropriate claim categories and attribute the correct amount of funds
▪ Link to mainstream or community services (i.e. housing, education, transport, health)
▪ Strengthen and enhance participants capacity to coordinate supports, self-direct and manage supports and participate in the community, including providing participants with assistance to:
- resolve problems or issues that arise
- understand their responsibilities under service agreements
- change or end a service agreement
• Be the key contact for service issues, complaints, major changes and plan reviews.
• Assist participants to prepare for their plan review by supporting them to:
- assess whether they achieved their goals and got value for money for their plan
- identify solutions to problems experienced in implementing the plan
- consider new goals
• Assist participants to decide on what actions to take to achieve goals in relation to exploring housing options and life transition planning.
• Maintain confidentiality of customers, their families/carers and the organisation
• Effective networking internally and externally to assist individuals achieve their desired personal outcomes.
• Manage any perceived or real conflict of interest in accordance with the NDIA’s Terms of Business
• Provide NDIA with reports on specific goals, outcomes and success indicators within the agreed reporting frequency
• Enhance HWNS practice and reputation through continuous improvement, business development and innovation.
• Develop strong relationships with customers and their families, carers and advocates, NDIA, other mainstream and disability service providers, members of the community, networking groups, funding bodies, government agencies, auditors and practitioners
• Develop collaborative working relationships with Area Managers, Supported Living Managers, Individual Support Managers, Customer Service Officers and other Support Coordinators.
• Share knowledge and experience with colleagues and members of the Customer Engagement team.
• Work with Admin, Finance, and Shared Services employees
Knowledge, skills, experience and values required
• A commitment to the Code of Conduct of House with No Steps
• Excellent interpersonal and active listening skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to adapt communication style to meet people’s needs.
• Able to resolve conflict
• High level of numeracy and literacy
• Strong administrative skills; time management, coordination of tasks, efficient work practices
• Excellent computer literacy and confidence and capability in using systems and technology
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to build and maintain strong community connections and relationships with service providers, individuals and/or families/carers
• Ability to understand the NDIS Price Guide and flexibility within budgets, the NDIS legislation and rules including provisions relating to reasonable and necessary supports and the role of the mainstream service system.