Support Coordinator Officer – Specialist Disability Services
Employer: AGAPI Care Incorporated
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Disability Jobs, Service Co-ordinator
Sector/s: Non for Profit (NFP)
Hours of Work: Standard Business Hours
Salary: Ranging between $65,000 - $76,000 pa
Depending on qualifications and experience
AGAPI Care Inc. is a disability service provider supporting people with disabilities to achieve their goals and actively participate in their communities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding organisation dedicated to supporting all participants to lead a meaningful life of their choice.
The successful applicant will work with the participants to breathe life into their individual NDIS plans. This involves working closely with participants in environments of their choice to achieve their aspirations and goals. Liaising with the NDIS and other service providers is an essential part of your role.
This role reports to the Client Services Manager.
We are seeking an experienced person who is flexible and adaptable with the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, active listening, empathy, social awareness and emotional intelligence in communications
- Solving problems of moderate to complex difficulty using knowledge, judgement and work organisational skills acquired through qualifications and previous work experience
- Obtain information about clients from clinical assessment and reports behavioural assessment plans, incident reports, risk assessments and statements from other service providers to develop evidence-based reports
- Ability to relate to participants and work with them to co design services
- Experience in case-management or case-coordination
- Significant experience in the disability field
- Demonstrated experience working with people with a disability
- NDIS awareness, particularly in relation to support-coordination and the importance of choice and control for customers
- Knowledge of relevant services available to people with a disability
- Some background and/or experience gained in a position at this level in a not-for-profit environment are highly desirable but not essential.
- Comply with organisational values, policies and NDIS Quality & Safeguarding framework
EMPLOYMENT IS SUBJECT TO A SATISFACTORY
- Current Police Check (mandatory)
- Working with Children Check (mandatory)
- Disability Workers Exclusion List (DWEL) Screening
- Referee Checks
Apply for an immediate start if you wish to join a supportive and collaborative team who are passionate about supporting people with a disability.
To submit your application, please email a covering letter addressing the skills and attributes listed above, together with current resume to [email protected]
Only applications via email will be accepted.