Your new company
Your new company is a leading manufacturer of commercial Defence, Space, Security systems, Satellites, Weapons, Military aircraft, Electronics, and Launch systems. Due to recent growth the team is looking to welcome an experienced Subcontract Specialist to the team in Brisbane.
Your new role
Your new role as a Subcontract Specialist will entail:
- Developing strong relationships with stakeholders to understand business requirements and support the development of procurement strategies and priorities
- Supporting the delivery of work packages to achieve efficient and on-time delivery of campaigns and program milestones
- Conducting market engagement activities to identify and select qualified subcontractors
- Engaging with large multi-national and local SME suppliers to ensure value for money
- Negotiating subcontract agreements, including reviewing, and drafting contractual terms and conditions
- Supporting contract management activities over the program term
- Liaising with Functional, Technical, Commercial and Legal stakeholders
- Ensuring supplier activities are compliant with applicable regulatory trade control (export-import) requirements
- Supporting the effective management of contract performance through relevant supplier relationship management frameworks
- Monitoring and reporting cost, schedule, and status of subcontractors and recommend or implement corrective action as necessary
- Participating in the development of process improvement initiatives and value for money opportunities
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience as a Subcontract Specialist in the Defence industry as well as:
- Demonstrated experience of pre- and post-award subcontract management in a project environment (Defence industry experience is desirable)
- Tertiary Education in Commerce, Law or Business or relevant experience (MCIPS preferred)
- High level competency in written and oral communication and standard business tools and systems
- An enthusiasm for working with suppliers and identifying new opportunities and relationships
- The ability to work with cross functional teams
- The ability to work autonomously to see projects and opportunities through to completion
Please note Australian Citizenship is essential for this position as you will be required to have an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered an amazing opportunity to join a successful global organisation in Australia. You will work alongside a mix of professional specialists with a broad range of skills working within the field.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2577905