Develop and manage human resources function for the Cluster, working with global & Regional P&C team, deploy necessary HR programs, tools, solutions, intervention ensuring our P&C programs attract, retain, reward and develop our people resources to support long term and short term business objectives.
As an effective business partner, Job holder works closely with the regional leadership team and GMs, providing sound technical HR advice, develop in-country P&C teams, drive the effectiveness of HR function and organizational performance.
In addition to the region assigned, the job holder will also be personally served as HRBP for the business unit assigned.
This role will be based in Brisbane or Melbourne Office and will be reporting directly to Chief Human Resources Officer.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement a human resource plan that is aligned with the regional corporate plan in meeting its current and long-term business objectives.
2. Ensure all activities and programs related to human resources are well executed in accordance with the plan and targeted result; aligned with global guidance and comply with the statutory requirement. These include recruitment; manpower planning and budgeting, compensation and benefits; performance evaluation; HR operations, HRIS; talent management, succession planning and employee engagement.
3. Be a trusted partner to the regional Head, regional team / GMs, in addition to providing sound HR advice, Influence the leadership team to excel in the execution of the people program.
In addition to the BP role of the cluster, the Job Holder is personally served as BP to a segment or LOBs or function assigned, for this purpose, the BP is the single point of contacts for the business head of the unit assigned, particularly on strategies matters/ key projects or issues impacts the entire business units.
4. Promote harmonious relations with Trade Unions and employees; implement employee communication and engagement program.
5. Direct and coach country H R team ensuring HR activities are implemented effectively, consistently, and according to established guidelines and budgets.
6. Provides defined metrics for measuring the effectiveness of HR programs in driving HR organizational performance and containing costs
7. Contribute to planning and decision-making at the regional leadership level.
8. Effectively Liaises with other Puma HR teams to minimise duplication of efforts and maximise alignment and mutual support.
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related areas.
- Min 15 years of human resources management, with increasing levels of experience in a medium to large multinational, preferably in multi-cultural environments.
- Knowledge of Human Resources related programs, processes, tools, policies and guidelines and their application to complex organizational issues.
- Knowledge of organizational concepts, including team management, organizational design, resource utilization and workforce planning.
- Proven experience in dealing with HR matters related to acquisitions and derived components for the HR function (e.g. experience in due diligence, restructuring, among others).
- Business acumen /Knowledge
- Leadership Skills
- Executive skills
- High energy and a ‘can do’ attitude, creating a positive culture in the company.
- Leadership and teamwork.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Open, honest and direct communicator.
- Ability to deliver results, meeting people goals and achieving employee satisfaction.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills to deal with sensitive employee relation’s issues.
- Competence in dealing with trade unions.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal - Regional leadership team, Country Leadership team, country P&C Team, Global P&C team, P&C Shared service team
- External - Trade Unions, Labor Offices, Fairwork Counsel