Your new company
This large Utilities company is seeking an experienced Strategic Modelling Manager to join their corporate services team.
Your new role
The Strategic Modelling Manager manages a small team of actuarial and statistical modelling experts, to solve challenging problems and lead the Company's strategic analytics.
- Lead a small team of actuarial and statistical modelling experts, to solve challenging problems to guide the Company's strategic decisions
- Advocate leading analytics and drive the strategic focus of data analytics within the Company.
- Provide advice to senior management as a subject matter expert on the development, deployment and maintenance of bespoke data analytics solutions, models and data analytics architectures.
- Provide leadership and advice on the automation of analysis and report generation to meet the Company's reporting responsibilities to federal and territory energy regulators. Negotiate persuasively with regulatory bodies and other stakeholders as subject matter expert.
- Write persuasive reports and deliver engaging presentations to influence the strategic direction of the organisation
- In alignment with the Company's strategic direction, monitor national and international trends & policies in modelling transmission and distribution network assets in the presence of the changing landscape of energy demand and systems (DER, net-zero emission plan, etc.).
- Strengthen the Company's network data-driven decision-making capabilities by pioneering and championing novel data analytics solutions, and advice on trends related to changing needs for network investment and modernisation strategies.
- Co-ordinate and assist with the development of a robust data collation, data exchange and data analytics strategy within the Company's remediate data issues across the various organisational data systems.
- Maintain awareness of alternative sources of energy, demand growth and energy consumption trends
- Develop and maintain medium and long-term demand forecasts in alignment with the Company's long-term net-zero emissions future, in collaboration with network planning engineers and economic regulatory specialists (identify network constraints, impact of DER, changes in demand growth and energy consumption etc.)
- Develop and maintain dynamic network models to perform scenario analysis by taking into account the changing landscape of customer profiles, environmental and economic factors and government policies; inform group leaders and management on risk and financial impact through highlight presentation and summary reports
- Recommend, develop, and implement new state-of-the-art business analytics solutions to integrate new work methods, technology, data structures and business processes in the organisation
- Utilise state-of-the-art data analytics techniques and modern systems (GitHub, R, Python) to mine and analyse data.
What you'll need to succeed
- Post-graduate tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Science, Maths or Economics
- Additional qualifications in, Computer Science, Finance, Statistical Modelling would be an advantage
- High level of understanding of and practical experience in applying applied statistics/machine learning and computational methods
- Experience using Python, R, RStudio
- RShiny, PowerBI or a similar visual analytics software package
- Experience working in the electricity distribution industry is an advantage
- Experience applying significant thought leadership and innovation to drive new quantitative decision making approaches into the business.
- Experience applying a rigorous approach to data analysis and forecasting
- Experience solving complex technical problems
What you'll get in return
An amazing opportunity in terms of career growth and a rewarding salary base +15% Super.
LHS 297508 #2608092