With more than 200 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
Critical to our operations are our Store Operations Managers who are responsible for leading and developing a team of 20+ staff.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing an exceptional in store customer experience through strong leadership of service across the store to drive sales and profit growth
- Leading quality management of store administrative processes & systems across office and stockroom
- Being accountable for leading, coaching and developing team members
- Forecasting, planning & prioritising daily work & resource requirement.
We currently have positions available for Store Operations Manager at Kmart stores across Sydney Metropolitan Area
As the ideal candidate you will require:
- Prior retail leadership & well established store administration experience from a big box high, volume environment to really hit the ground running!
- A passion for delivering results that will motivate your team
- Demonstrable leadership abilities that develop and inspire high performing teams
- The ability to foster strong relationships with team members, peers, customers and other stakeholders
- Lots of enthusiasm, initiative, problem solving abilities and a reliable nature
- Ability to work flexible hours and at different locations
As a passionate and experienced retail leader, you will motivate and build capability within your team whilst coaching for high performance. Your delivery of exceptional customer service will set the standard for your team members and you will role model the Kmart values of Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher which embody everything we do at Kmart.
Why you will love Kmart
You will benefit from joining an amazing business and a dynamic team who are all committed to the success of Kmart and providing our customers with a great shopping experience. Our values will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive. Your work environment will be highly collaborative, fast-paced and progressive, with no two days the same!
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, an uncapped bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
So if you have the required experience and our culture sounds like the right fit for you – don’t miss this great opportunity to join Australia’s most profitable retailer.
Phone screening and interviews will occur prior to the closing date of this advertisement. Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies. Agencies - Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.