Employment Type: Various
Position Classification: Enrolled Nurse
Remuneration: 57850.38 - 62859.52
Hours Per Week: Variable up to 38 hours per week
Requisition ID: REQ174177
SESLHD is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of our community. This will help ensure our employees, our patients and their carers, feel supported . We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Where you'll be working
St George Hospital in various locations.
What you'll be doing
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional people, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate ad effective role model and promote culture and supporting practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients,and employees. All staff are expected to take reasonable care that their actions do not adversely affect the health and safety of others, that they comply with any reasonable instruction that is given them and with any reasonable policies/procedures relating to the health or safety in the workplace, as well as notifying any hazards/risks or incidents to their managers. The vision for nursing and midwifery at St George hospital is to provide meaning and purpose to plan for the future;have reference to an inspirational statement that is consistent with the purpose and values of nursing and midwifery;and to inspire nurses and midwives to provide the highest quality healthcare to patients in any circumstance.
The vision statement is:'Nurses and midwives at St George hospital are always compassionate and competent in the delivery of excellent patient and family centered care'. Eight core behaviours were identified as being integral to achieving the vision:team player, caring, respectful, honest, advocate, collaborative, considerate and accountable. The Enrolled Nurse (EN) delivers high quality nursing care to patients/clients of the St George Hospital and Health Service consistent with SESLHD and St George Hospital and Health Service policies, procedures and standards. The EN works under the direction and supervision of the RN and assists in the provision of nursing care. EN's retain responsibility for their personal actions whilst remaining accountable to the RN for delegate functions. All EN's must comply and act in accordance with recognised professional and organisational standards established by:NSW Health, The Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia SESLHD, St George Hospital and Health Service, Clinical Supervision at the point of care is the role and responsibility of each RN/Registered Midwife and EN within everyday clinical practice, in line with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council Decision Making Frameworks for Nurses and Midwives.
- Current registration as an Enrolled Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Holds a Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia approved qualification in medicines administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, carers, other care providers, hospital clinicians, immediate team members and other stakeholders.
- Supports working in a person centered environment.
- Current professional practice knowledge base.
- Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management, safety and quality principles and the role of the Enrolled Nurse in applying these principles.
- Demonstrated minimum six months recent post registration experience in an acute care setting.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description and Expected Strandards Table
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Sarah Massey on [email protected]
Applications Close: 30 June 2021