Your new company
We are currently partnered with an established not for profit specialising in delivering holistic support services to the metropolitan area. Working with individuals and families this organisation works to build capacity and assist individuals to achieve their goals.
Your new role
As the Speech Pathologist you will join a close knit team of allied health professionals who work collaboratively to support clients with intellectual disabilities. They focus on supporting in a holistic manner as they recognise the support needed is not just to the individual but the wider network. Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to the individual needs of clients
- Identify relevant needs and goals through formal assessment
- Develop individualised services with with a strength based approach
- Maximise the clients involvement in designing their services
- Work with the team to ensure relevant supports are provided
- Provide expertise on clinical matters
- Advocate for the person the organisation supports in various contexts
- Effectively manage risk and safety
- Supervise and mentor allied health students
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will have proven experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities. Your previous experience delivering clinic and community based supports will allow you to excel in this role. Key requirements include:
- SPA Member
- Bachelor of Speech pathology
- Experience working within the community services sector
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex case load
- Ability to think strategically and create innovative solutions
- Working with children check
- National Police Clearance
- Senior first aid certificate
What you'll get in return
In return for your commitment to this role you will join a values based organisation focused on building the capacity of individuals and families. You will receive an excellent salary package in line with your years' of experience and salary packaging benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2521268