Goodstart is Australia's largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families. Every day, 13,500 Goodstart staff support over 60,000 families and the 71,500 children that attend our 670 centre's nation–wide. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We have an exciting unique opportunity for a Speech Pathologist to join our Social Inclusion team supporting our Enhancing Children's Outcomes (EChO) centres in Harristown, while also supporting surrounding centres when required, face to face or via telehealth.
We are offering a we are offering a part time (15.2 hrs), fixed term position, 1.5 days per week (11.4 hours) plus an additional day (7.6 hrs) per fortnight to support our Warwick Centres until February 2022 (with the possibility of extending dependant on funding). We are flexible on which days however Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday are the preferred days. We are also offering flexible working arrangements with the ability to work from home occasionally.
The Speech Pathologist will perform a range of professional, educational and administrative functions to support the TaLKERS speech pathology program which forms part of the organisation’s Social Inclusion Strategy within the Enhancing Children’s Outcomes (EChO) approach. You will be working closely with the Educators within our centres to provide specific advice and coaching regarding strategies to improve the outcomes of highly vulnerable children.
About the role:
- Support and empower early years educators to build the capability to observe, identify and explain any concerns related to the learning, development and well-being of children within the centre.
- Promote an integrated, evidence-informed approach to deliver improved outcomes for children and families
- Provide formal and informal consultation and coaching around evidence-informed practices that enhance children’s language and literacy development.
- Create strong external linkages to community supports and services that will best meet the needs of children and families.
- Support our educators to communicate and engage with parents around the needs of their child
- Provide support to Goodstart educators, Centre Directors and Centre Support staff to create environments that encourage and support children’s speech, language, emergent literacy and social/emotional development.
- Contribute to the development of resources for use in centres to support children with delayed communication skills.
- Complete formal and informal speech and language assessments.
- Provide regular information about the progress of the program and the outcomes for children.
- Make referrals to allied health services as required.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology and be eligible for membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of innovative speech pathology services in early childhood settings.
- Understanding and experience coaching educators and/or parents.
- Strong understanding of child development (birth - 5 years)
- Strong understanding of evidence-based outcome measures.
- A commitment to the access and participation of vulnerable children in early learning and care settings.
We offer the following benefits -
- Be empowered to drive continuous change and find new and innovative ways of working to achieve goals
- Work for a company that has an aspiration to be globally recognised for early years practice and learning outcomes
- Gain significant investment in your growth and development with support, tools, training and experiences that will truly enhance the progress and outcomes for children in their earliest years.
- Be a part of a team and work environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging, inclusion and purpose
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income to increase take home pay
- Access to discounted childcare
- Flexible work arrangements giving you choice about when and how work will be done in order to better manage your work and non-work needs
- Discounted health care and access to employee wellbeing program with BUPA
- Opportunity to participate in active social club events
- Exclusive discounts on travel, gym memberships, Apple and Dell products, and more….
If you are interested in applying for this role, please upload your Cover Letter and CV to our website (E-mailed applications will not be considered).
If you would like a copy of the PD please e-mail Alysse Giudice on [email protected]