Your new company
Exciting opportunity for a ‘Specialist Environment Project Manager’, to join a reputable Local Government team in the Northern Sydney suburbs to plan, design and implement the timely and efficient delivery of Environment & Climate Change major projects.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Executive Management, you will be responsible for managing complex high-profile projects for Council. The range of tasks will include coordinating stormwater and floodplain management works; bushland and biodiversity works; creek restoration and rehabilitation; environmental assessments; overseeing necessary community consultations; project and contract management, delivery and evaluation; and regular project reporting.
The Specialist Project Manager – Environment is expected to have a delivery-focused and innovative approach to these tasks and is expected to have experience in all areas.
- consulting with stakeholders to ascertain needs
- scoping projects and reviewing feasibilities
- engaging and consulting with the community
- preparing business cases and developing project briefs, design briefs & scopes of work
- reviewing designs and providing design advice
- preparing, calling and evaluating tenders
- managing consultants, contractors and staff where required
- preparing and administering contracts
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Management, Engineering, Construction Project Management, or a related discipline and/or a minimum of 10 years’ experience in environmental and/or construction management at a senior level.
- Demonstrated experience in directly administering construction contracts and delivering necessary environmental assessments
- Demonstrated ability to assist with the development and implementation of project plans including budgeting, cost control, performance management and monitoring and reporting on service outcomes
- Demonstrated high-level prioritisation skills and the ability to manage multiple complex, high profile projects with the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation effectively in a statutory/regulative environment.
- Current Class C (minimum) NSW Driver’s Licence
What you'll get in return
- 12+ month fixed-term contract
- Competitive hourly rate (depending on experience)
- Supportive managerial structure
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2489060