Nestled into the sand dunes in one of the most relaxed and breathtaking coastal locations in Australia, Discovery Parks is bringing to life Rottnest Islands first glamping experience. Featuring 83-luxury units across several service levels, a resort style pool and two restaurants and bars.
At the heart of the property, is Pinky’s Beach Club. The best place on the Island to watch the sunset, the Beach Club will serve locally inspired dishes and cocktails, and of course the best WA wines. Discovery Rottnest Island is where our guests can re-imagine the great Australian family holiday, disconnect from the world, enjoy freedom, space and discover what really matters.
As the second in Charge of the restaurant kitchen, the Sous Chef has many overarching responsibilities. You will be responsible for providing an efficient and cost-effective food service, with the smooth day-to-day operation in a Commercial Kitchen consisting of rotating roster over breakfast & dinner, with consistent superior guest focus at the forefront of all activities. As a Sous Chef you will achieve this through implementing a strong service focus and ensuring that efficient standards and practices are employed. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
You will assist in overseeing all kitchen employees, including training and performance development at one of the two restaurants we have on Rottnest Island (Thomsons or Pinky's). You will be responsible for providing delicious meals according to menu for guests dining at our venues. You will also liaise with front of house staff to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of daily services.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous experience and cooking in a similar environment as Jnr Sous Chef or Chef De Partie
- Formal trade qualifications in commercial cooking or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in electronic purchase ordering and cost management
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to prep and organise ahead
- Current First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
How to Apply
Discovery what matters - APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.