Software Test Engineer
Rocket Software is seeking an experienced IBM mainframe Software Test Engineer to join its product development team based in Perth, Western Australia. This Software Test Engineer will contribute to the development and support of products addressing the management and performance analysis of z/OS IMS and CICS workloads. Deep technical knowledge of sub-systems such as IMS and CICS will be a distinct advantage for candidates applying for this position.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience bringing enterprise products to market as either a developer or tester.
- Be primarily responsible for the quality of a product helping other testers when the need arises.
- Be an integral part of a product development team and participate in the wider Rocket quality assurance community.
- Have an independent work ethic, requiring minimal supervision to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Be team focused, with strong interpersonal skills.
- An analytical, goal-oriented thinker with the ability to communicate complex use case scenarios to the development team.
- Maintain existing regression suites and develop new high-quality automated tests.
The ideal candidate will reside within commuting distance of Bentley, Western Australia and will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Builds and maintains an effective working relationship with work colleagues.
- Contributes or influences product design with attention to user experiences.
- An excellent team player with an ability to work across team functional areas.
- Open relationship with manager regarding issues and concerns.
- Willing to explore and learn new technical areas to increase the team’s skill set.
- Participates in retrospectives influencing and continually improving team performance.
Technical skills & knowledge:
- +5 years of experience in a software development environment.
- Extensive familiarity with z/OS.
- Programming/scripting skills, particularly with REXX.
- Experience with writing and executing test automation scripts.
- Experience with IMS, CICS, or Db2 for z/OS.
- Workload Simulator/TPNS.
- Significant experience with one or more of the following: High-level Assembler, C, Java, ISPF Edit Macros, SQL.
- Experience in test automation for the Windows Desktop environment, Web or Eclipse.