Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) delivers converged broadband technology solutions that enable mobile, cable and fixed network service providers to meet the growing demand for gigabit bandwidth and services. Our suite of distributed and virtualized solutions for fixed and mobile 5G ultra-broadband networks are engineered for performance, flexibility and scale. Commercially deployed in over 70 countries, Casa serves more than 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Software Systems Engineer to join our collaborative, high growth access devices organization based in Lane Cove, Sydney, Australia.
The ideal candidate will be a Software Systems Engineer who is adaptable and flexible with an attention to detail and who is willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities with the objective to create robust products according to specification in a timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ownership of management of product requirements within the Engineering and Research teams (collection & analysis, system solution design and architecture, conformance testing).
- Work closely with architects to define solutions and architectures to meet the requirements for new products.
- Ensures that the system design is captured and kept up-to-date, and that design decisions are articulated and communicated clearly to the development teams.
- Ensures automated testing is planned during concept and architecture phases of product design and in advance of the development phase.
- Ensures that the implementation of hardware, software and interface design meets all requirements.
- Interface with vendors for solution design, function verification and standards compliance conformance testing.
- Support sales and marketing activities such as RFP, RFI from an engineering perspective.
- Monitor standard organizations (such as BBF, ITU, IEEE, etc) for technology trend analysis and pre-standardization analysis.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ to 7 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use systems thinking to reason about problems and designs.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own time efficiently to deliver work on-time.
- Demonstrable interest in learning about new technologies.
- Experience working within a product development team, including electronics/software design and development.
- Good understanding of computer networking concepts.
- Expertise in telecommunications theory and standards.
- Practical knowledge in wireless/wireline access technologies such as: GPON, xDSL, HFC, 3G, 4G LTE, 5G, etc.
Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Note: Only applicants with existing rights to work in Australia will be considered for this role.