Freelancer Limited, the ASX-listed company that owns Freelancer.com and Escrow.com, is opening positions for paid 3 month Software Engineering Internships over the 2021/2022 University break. Twelve-time Webby award-winning Freelancer.com is the world's largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace, which connects millions of employers to freelancers across the globe. Escrow.com is a global fintech industry leader in secure online payments, having handled over US$5 billion in transactions buying and selling boats, cars, airplanes, jewellery, fine art, and even trips to the planned Aurora space station in 2021!
We think it is pretty cool that our marketplace hosts a real life economy, where work is undertaken in every area you can think of. From design, writing, data entry and software development; through to sales, marketing, accounting and legal services - even NASA uses us!
We are looking for full stack software engineers. Our team works with the latest tech, and pushes code 30-40 times a day in a high-performance cloud environment. We develop core, revenue-generating products, and so this represents an opportunity to learn from the best and potentially have a fundamental impact on our global business.
Not only will you help build features and software that scale, but your work will have direct impact on tens of millions of users worldwide. So if you have an interest in architecting web applications at scale, enjoy the challenge of writing optimised lightning fast SQL for massive data sets, and are passionate about designing high quality APIs, then we'd love to hear from you!
- Experience with a web development language, such as PHP, Python or Golang
- Ideally, experience with relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Ideally, experience with Linux
- Background or interest in web engineering at scale
- Ideally, a Github page with contributions to open source software
- 3rd/4th year + Tertiary Degree in Computer Science / Engineering (or related)
- This won't be a cog-in-the-machine job; you will be joining a global technology company with a meritocratic culture with the ability to take ownership and fast track your career growth. Several of our Directors and VP-level managers started out in junior positions and have climbed up the career ladder to the top!
- You will be working on an Alexa top-456 website, solving complex, internet scale and global problems with over 53 million customers across 247 countries, regions & territories.
- Weekly Town Halls with the all important Q&A session with the CEO (you really can ask him anything)!
- Quarterly hackathons with a huge prize pool !!!!
- Fully stocked kitchen’s + yes we do have beer taps (and a bar with a killer view)!!
- Catered lunches once a week.
- Free Class Pass membership.
- Regular team building social events (think speed boats in the harbour, escape rooms, karaoke, laser tag, trivia nights, poker nights in the office)!