Software Engineering Director - Sydney CBD
Work for one of Australia's fastest growing mobile and software development companies.
Join a team of top class talent to deliver world class software spanning many different industries. Be part of a phenomenal value-based business culture. Contribute to the success of our customers journey, working with businesses from start-ups to big enterprises.
The work you do will genuinely change the lives of Australian (and global) business owners. If that excites you, read on...
ABOUT THE ROLE
XAM Consulting is a high-growth company and we have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Software Engineering Director based in our Sydney CBD office.
XAM Consulting continues to grow through transformation phase that will deliver both beautiful web, cloud and mobile applications across multiple sectors. We combine design-led problem solving, delivery excellence and technical mastery to deliver digital solutions. We are committed to business outcomes, we lead transformation, we take ownership in our work and we master our craft. UX/UI Design, Power Platform, Mobile Apps, Software Development, Cloud Consulting, Integration, Digital Delivery. We’ve worked with top Australian brands, such as Kmart, National Home Doctor Service, University of South Australia, UGL and many others.
This is a great opportunity to work with the latest technologies including React, Xamarin, Azure, Azure Functions, Cosmos DB etc.
Reporting to our founders your primary objective will be to lead our large technical team delivering many projects simultaneously, keeping clients happy. This will means you’ll be involved in multiple projects, solve complex problems, design solution architectures, mentor the team, set an example, implement software best practices and be the go-to technical person day to day. You will lead a team of Australia's finest developers, including 2 Microsoft recognized MVP's.
This role will require you to work at all levels of software development, eg sometimes you’ll be in the details/code/debugging. So someone who wants to be hands on in the detail but can also see the big pictures.
Opportunity for you:
- Opportunity to lead a talented team of software developers in a rapidly growing software company
- Career path to run a 100+ team of developers
- Hands-on role working with the latest tech
- The opportunity to work with the latest technologies (serverless and mobile)
- Technical excellent team.
- Excellent salary + benefits
- Lots of career-growth
- Modern offices with new equipment
- Relaxed culture / sociable team / Friday beers
The key task areas of focus will include:
- Mentor and Lead a large and growing technical team
- Document and Implement the software development practices (which you will define in conjunction with our leadership team)
- Hands on - Enterprise level software development on projects (lead by example)
- Document and Implement hiring process of top calibre software engineers (which you will define in conjunction with our leadership team)
- Document and Implement estimating process for multiple type of projects and customers (which you will define in conjunction with our leadership team)
- Design, Implement and take ownership of solution architectures for projects (adding to/building our internal set of architectures)
- Take overall ownership of project delivery from a technical perspective
- Conduct code reviews
- Conduct 1’s to 1’s and lead the people
Experience and Skills
- Experience leading software development teams
- A desire to still work on the code a little (but also happy when not on the code)
- A mentor, communicator and teacher who wants everyone to succeed in their careers
- DevOps and Best Practice experience largely within Azure
- Must love automation and repeatability
- Understand what cloud native is (don’t think in old technology solutions)
- Outstanding development skills in multiple languages
- Understanding of software architectures in code and overall, understand how databases and networks work etc.
- Good client facing skills
- Unit Testing and Test driven development experience.
- Self-starter eager to learn new technologies; enthusiastic about researching opportunities to grow and improve your skill set
- Excellent communicator (written and oral), willing to help out a teammate and pitch in when needed on a team
- Not afraid to have difficult conversations
- Commercial experience building and deploying applications in Azure (App Services, SQL Databases, Storage Accounts, Messaging, App Insights)
- Strong problem solving skills and a can-do attitude with an aptitude to take on any task and run with it to completion
- Experience developing RESTful APIs using .net and azure functions (desirable)
ABOUT XAM Consulting
Since 2013, XAM Consulting has been Australia's leading enterprise-grade development team. We've worked with more than 60 different companies, from start-ups to big enterprises across Australia, the UK and USA. XAM's delivered top quality applications for brands such as Kmart, Telstra, National Home Doctor Service, University of South Australia, UGL and many others. The reason our clients want to form long term relationships with us is because we walk hand in hand with them from the beginning, we work as if we are part of the fabric of their business. We take pride in the hard work we do, but most importantly, we take pride in the results our work brings to our customers.
As a team, we are a group of inspired technologists, software engineers and app developers who fundamentally believe that mobile solutions help taking businesses to the next level. We call our customers partners for a reason.
If you're passionate about making a difference to the lives of Australian businesses and across the globe, then apply today and tell us how you will help XAM grow.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE...
We appreciate the work you do however we're going solo on this one. We promise we'll reach out if we need any help.
Powered by JazzHR