Rocket Software is seeking an experienced IBM mainframe software engineer to join its product development team based in Perth, Western Australia. This software engineer will contribute to the development and support of products addressing the management and performance analysis of z/OS IMS workloads. Deep technical knowledge of IMS will be a distinct advantage for candidates applying for this position.
The successful candidate will:
- Own the design and development of one or more key product components.
- Become recognized as a technical expert in a Rocket product and related technologies.
- Be responsible for on-time delivery of technical work.
- Follow development processes and associated standards.
- Produce high quality architectures, designs and code.
- Provide high quality level-3 support for designated Rocket products.
The ideal candidate will reside within commuting distance of Bentley, Western Australia and will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Works with the Program Review Team to ensure that high quality products are designed and released.
- Builds and maintains an effective working relationship with work colleagues and key contacts within business partner organisations.
- Participates in the peer reviews of other Rocket products and contributes to the continuous improvement of work practices at Rocket.
- Able to execute tasks with a high degree of independence.
- Is an excellent team player and displays a high degree of flexibility.
- Open relationship with manager regarding issues and concerns.
- Highly experienced mainframe programmer using IBM High Level Assembler.
- In-depth knowledge of mainframe architectures.
- Deep technical knowledge of at least one of: CICS, IMS, DB2.
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining software for delivery in packaged product form.
- Experience in dump reading using fault analysis tools such as IPCS and XDC.
- Desirable skills in using any of C, C++, REXX, COBOL or Java.
- Desirable skills in ISPF dialog development.
- Skilled in developing high quality design documentation.