At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat OpenShift Service Delivery team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us remotely anywhere in Australia. In this role, you will work as part of a team that hosts, develops, and manages Azure Red Hat OpenShift, which is a new offering in partnership between Microsoft and Red Hat. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with the goal of making our offerings more effective with every release for the end users and customers. Successful applicants must reside in a country where Red Hat is registered to do business.
- Help determine the technical details of how to implement key features and functionality on the Microsoft Azure platform and then code those features; as an example, think of the way we do the etcd backup and restore
- Partner with engineers at Microsoft to review code, build features, and implement solutions
- Work closely with engineers on Red Hat OpenShift to become a contributor to both the upstream and downstream Red Hat OpenShift projects to deliver functionality
- Interact with multiple teams within Red Hat as well as with the open source community
- Partner with the Support team to troubleshoot deep technical issues
- Look for opportunities to improve how we deliver a hosted offering to our customers
- Demonstrated experience with one or more programming languages including Golang, Python, and Bash
- Experience implementing and improving continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines
- Experience with public cloud functionality in Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or other cloud service providers
- Knowledge of how to ensure that a hosted service is secure and stable, including establishing processes around that
- Experience developing for and administering Linux
- Experience in a site reliability engineering (SRE) position for a cloud-based company
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience engineering distributed architectures (microservices, service oriented architecture)
- Experience operating Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, podman, rkt, cri-o, or other container tools in a production environment
- Experience implementing monitoring solutions
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.