CentacareCQ has opportunities for a part-time Social Support Assistant to join the Community Care Service Team based in Rockhampton (50 hours per fortnight).
The Social Support Assistant provides operational support to Group Activities operated by CentacareCQ.
Group Activities include services offered through fully funded programs including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). It also includes subsidised services where clients contribute to the cost of services including the Queensland Community Care Program (QCCS) and the Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Packages (HCP).
The Social Support Assistant will also be involved in supporting the Group Activities Facilitator with business development activities across the Diocese. This will ensure the ongoing viability of the program, through the development of a range of services, to be sold both directly to non-funded clients and to other providers.
This role will be responsible for assisting with organising and facilitating a range of client social support activities in line with program specifications outlined in the funding agreement and program standards while ensuring all policies and procedures meet the requirements of the program. You will ensure that CentacareCQ Services are promoted appropriately across regions, will undertake active engagement with key stakeholders to develop business outcomes for the business unit.
Duties of the role include:
Mission, Vision & Values
- Supporting a positive culture within the organisation in line with CentacareCQmission, vision and values;
- Participating actively in formation activities.
- Developing a range of client-centred programs and activities that meet (and exceed) the needs of clients in maintaining an active and connected lifestyle;
- Maintaining a calendar of events that generate sufficient outputs to meet funding requirements and meet the needs and reasonable expectation of clients;
- Attending activities and enabling other staff to facilitate activities with clients;
- Ensuring services are delivered in line with program guidelines and organisational policies and procedures.
- Identifying and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Networking within the region and with other key external stakeholders to ensure up to date information is available in relation to all areas of the CentacareCQ’s services.
- Supportting the recruitment of volunteers and induction of new volunteers in the policies and procedures of CentacareCQ;
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in an Australian Federal Police check and a Working with children check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia, and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.