Life at Nine.
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, Nine Radio, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain Group and Drive.
Your new opportunity at Nine.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age. Our journalism is read by more Australians across digital and print than any other mastheads in the country, and our highly-engaged subscribers value our quality, independent content.
This is a new role for an experienced social media producer who will be pivotal in growing the audience for our dynamic lifestyle and culture content.
This full-time role can be based in Sydney or Melbourne and will be embedded with our team of Life editors, whose content covers everything from health and wellness, fashion, beauty, to television, music, movies, books and the arts. The role will also work on social media strategy and distribution for high-profile brands Good Food, Traveller, Sunday Life and Good Weekend.
We are looking for someone who is a proven digital storyteller, with strong visual skills and a never-ending supply of ideas for creating compelling social content for the topics above, as well as for the newsrooms’ popular Explainers.
The successful candidate will collaborate with editors and journalists to inform the content we create, and will produce and distribute our Life content through current and future social media channels.
You’ll have excellent writing skills, an eye for a news angle, the ability to work at a fast pace and be a stickler for detail and quality. Experimentation - and an ability to analyse what worked and what didn’t - will be strongly encouraged.
Day to day you will:
- Collaborate with the lifestyle, culture, Good Food, Traveller, Sunday Life and Good Weekend teams to produce social media content
- Work alongside the mastheads’ social media editors to execute overall social media strategy
- Write, create and publish social posts and stories
- Work to ensure the tone and balance of content is appropriate and targeted
- Help manage our fast-growing suite of social media accounts
- Generate ideas for content geared toward distribution across social media platforms
- Track and meet follower and engagement goals for social platforms
- Use analytics to make informed strategic decisions
- Become an expert on the competitive landscape
- Identify emerging growth tactics and trends
Enough about us, lets talk about you.
In order to be successful you will ideally have:
- A deep interest in lifestyle and culture topics
- A strong understanding of social media, including trends and platforms and the ability to reach a target audience
- Advanced digital production skills including copy editing, headline writing and story packaging. Image, video and audio editing skills will be an advantage as will graphic design skills
- Creative flair to make content stand out in a competitive environment
- Refined editorial judgement with an ability to identify digital trends and spot a trending news story
- Excellent writing and editing skills; the ability to write in an engaging, smart tone that feels native to social media and still consistent with the values of our mastheads and brands
- Willingness to pitch in when needed to accomplish the goals of the team, learn new skills
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience managing a social media account for a brand
- Proven ability to grow a brand’s social media account and engage an audience in creative ways
- A strategic mind with a bend towards testing and iterating to find what resonates with various audiences
Applications for this role close 21st December 2021.
What you'll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
- Nine Cares
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes