Life at Nine.
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, Nine Radio, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain Group and Drive.
Your new opportunity at Nine.
We have a position available in our Sydney office as a Social Media Moderator – reporting to the Head of Social - 9 Network and 9Now. This role is responsible for executing the social media strategy and community guidelines across Nine’s Entertainment accounts for Channels and Shows; community management; improving audience engagement and reach; production of some social content (video, stories, copy and more), and sharing insights which inform content creation and social media channel selection to best deliver commercial and brand outcomes.
Day to responsibilities include:
- Executing a social media strategy for Nine’s Entertainment brands including accounts, channels, tone of voice, frequency of communication
- Participation in the community and moderation on all social platforms
- Setting and delivering best-in-class community management and moderation standards
- Working with 9 Network and 9Now and other key teams in the publication of relevant, original, shareable and high-quality content
- Increasing the footprint of our content to maximise audience reach and engagement
- Implementing best practice standards to maximise referral traffic back to our O+O broadcast and digital assets
- Reporting, analysis and generating insights
Enough about us, let's talk about you
In order to be successful for this role, you will ideally have:
- Demonstrated Social experience in community and crisis management
- Strong knowledge of the Social landscape, with an understanding of the Entertainment and streaming categories from a social media perspective
- Knowledge and passion for the media and marketing disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creation of social content, with a focus on video and image-led posts and formats
- TV production experience a plus
- Adept in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel and content management systems and tools
- Trained user of Social publishing and third party platforms (e.g. Facebook Creator Studio, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Ability to use and understand Adobe products including Photoshop and Premiere
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Able to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What you'll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
- Nine Cares
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Nine’s Workplace Condition of Entry
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes