The Melbourne Aces are accepting applications for a Social Media Marketing Intern located in the Sporting Capitol of the World, Melbourne Australia. The Aces are coming off their first ABL Championship and their most successful season are part of eight team league that play in the Australian Baseball League (ABL) co-founded by Major League Baseball (MLB). The team plays from November to mid-February and is a winter league sanctioned by the Office of the Commissioner with MLB affiliate teams participating. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about international baseball and become a part of the Aces organization. This internship will provide you with a greater understanding and experience with social media management, content creation and marketing but will also further develop your career in baseball. Interns will need to arrange their own travel to and from Melbourne, Australia and will receive a monthly stipend. Some shared housing is available but remains the intern’s responsibility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and develop content for the Melbourne Aces’ social media channels to enhance and support the organization’s brand and operations.
- Lead efforts for posting on game day and in-game across any and all social media platforms.
- Assist in developing schedules for content across Aces social media platforms, including in-game and outside of game action on platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and LinkedIn.
- Help in managing and curating content and strategy for social media and marketing across all Aces digital platforms.
- Assist in the development of traditional media marketing strategies through analytics and data.
- Assist in the pre-game preparation of the Stadium before each home game and as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the General Manager & Marketing and Events Manager.
- Knowledge and understanding of the sport of baseball is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Photography and photo editing experience is preferred but not required.
- Previously interned for a Minor League Baseball team, in a collegiate athletics department or comparable organization in a similar capacity.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Professional, organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.