Shopper Insights Manager job in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Job Location : Melbourne (3000) - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Job Salary : Competitive
Job Type : Permanent
Main Industry : Finance, Banking & Insurance
Other Industries and Skills : Management & Executive
Advertiser : Mars
Posted On : 25/11/2020
Job Description : * Highly influential role to help shape the future of the pet-food category and brands
* Partner with cross functional stakeholders to drive business outcomes
* Flexible working with the role to be located in either Sydney, Melbourne or Wodonga
Here at Mars Petcare, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Shopper Insights Manager to join the team to drive the competitive advantage for Mars Petcare via the delivery of superior and compelling shopper insights.
Acting as the 'voice of the shopper', the role will work closely with the Category, Strategic Revenue Management and Sales teams to link insight into the shopper with compelling business strategies, whilst also forming strong strategic relationships with our key retail partners.
Whilst this is a full-time role you will have access to a range of flexible working options and the role can be located in either Melbourne or Wodonga.
What would be your key responsibilities?
* Use shopper tracking, analysis and research data across multiple to generate compelling shopper insights
* Guide and influence the development of business & category strategies, decision making and market activations
* Identify gaps in shopper understanding, design and manage research studies to address knowledge gaps
* Attend retailer category Range Reviews to provide insights on the pet-food category to help guide business decisions and grow retailer partnerships
What are we looking for?
* Previous Shopper Insights experience in either agency, corporate, FMCG, academia or grocery
* A track record of successfully translating shopper insights into action and delivering results
* An adept communicator with an ability to articulate insights and tell a story in a compelling and engaging way
* Well-developed technical skills with experience in Quantitative data and comfort using large datasets
* A comfort working in ambiguity and an ability to make connections from multiple data sources
What can you expect from Mars?
* Awarded #4 in the Best Places to Work Australia survey for 2020
* Opportunity to make a difference with our volunteer and ambassador programs
* Work within an environment where pets really are our best friends, with dogs in the office
* Have a real impact on creating a better world for pets, a world where they're healthy, happy and welcome.