Your new company
One of Geelong region’s largest employers of both technical and administrative staff that values professional growth, work/life balance and diversity.
Your new role
This position assists the Senior Engineer Sewerage Planning to carry out sewerage investigations and developing strategies and plans for provision of sewerage services to existing and future customers.
- Undertake forward planning of the overall development of sewerage systems, by development of timely, appropriate and innovative strategies, policies and plans.
- Prepare consultancy briefs, engage and manage the work of consultants used to assist with investigations or studies
- Undertake options assessment, concept design and cost estimates for projects
- Develop business cases to support the implementation of sewerage projects
- Assist, as required, in the annual review of the Capital Works Investment Plan
- Present information in a format that is consistent with internal conventions
- Undertake investigations and provide technical planning advice to stakeholders
- Apply computer techniques and/or models to assist with planning sewerage projects
- Prepare concise technical reports relating to the modelling
- Engage key stakeholders in the development of project investigations, business cases, approval to proceed reports, and initiation reports
- Liaise with system operators to organise any field requirements for investigations and hydraulic models
- Maintain effective working relationships with other departments
- Maintain effective working relationships with local and state government, developers, consultants and government authorities and the community
- Promote and demonstrate high standards in relation to health, safety, environment and quality, championing a culture of safety in the workplace
- Report unsafe work practices, incidents, hazards and near misses, and unacceptable workplace behaviour
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in engineering or related fields
- Experience working with sewer related models, SewerGEMS is preferred
- Demonstrated and practical experience in water industry preferred
- Demonstrated competency in computer-based tools, including Microsoft Office and GIS
- Knowledge of water supply systems, water and wastewater network systems and database systems. Understanding of relevant laws, regulations and industry codes
- Ability to provide advice to relevant stakeholders on hydraulic models as required
- Ability to write concise technical report High level of analytical skills, with ability to work autonomously
What you'll get in return
12-month contract assignment with an employer of choice within Australia. An innovative organisation that is very progressive, hosts a state of the art work environment, and possesses a very flexible and supportive work culture.
What you need to do now
Please click the apply button and attach your up-to-date resume. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
LHS 297508 #2359174