At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The Services Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for providing technical contributions to a range of activities related to major offshore Oil & Gas drilling and production projects and to Life Of Field scopes. The role will include interfacing directly with the local services organisation, the customer base and working with the global product companies (COE's) to ensure effective and efficient support is provided and in compliance to customer requirements.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and quality requirements.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation, industry standards and design codes.
- Disposition, review and approve service notifications and produce technical reports.
- Proactively participate in HSE standards including Concern Reports, STOP, job safety assessments (JSA) and risk assessments.
- Participate in design reviews and consult with other departments on designs, queries and field related applications.
- Disposition deviations from suppliers and fabricators in support of the Services workshop.
- Develop and review technical documentation including field service manuals, engineering specifications, drawings, calculation packs, bill of materials, guidelines and repair procedures
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or an equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant experience
- 2 years of engineering experience within the subsea industry (preferred) or related service organisation.
- Sound knowledge of environmental, health and safety, and quality regulations within the oil and gas industry
- Good communication skills, with an ability to communicate well in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural team environment
- Good English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of relevant and applicable International and Australian Standards.
- Knowledge of engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- 3D modeling experience
- Experience in MathCAD or equivalent package.
- Service minded and good understanding of risk analysis and hazard mitigation.
- Field experience in subsea installations and interventions
- Proactive and results oriented, self-motivated and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good analytical skills combined with proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to cooperate in multi-disciplinary engineering groups.
- Flexible to travel to remote locations for periods of time in field environment (5-28 days) if required.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more