CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a full-time Services Coordinator - Clinical & Social Services to join their dedicated Clinical & Social Services Team, based in Emerald.
The Services Coordinator – Clinical & Social Services provides line management and operational leadership to service delivery staff in the Central Queensland Region including Rockhampton, Yeppoon and Gladstone.
The Services Coordinator will ensure services are provided in compliance with the Quality management System and ensure the safety and well-being of client sand staff while working closely with the Regional Manager.
A core function of the role will include business development activities to meet community need and achieve contractual requirements of the various funding contracts.
Services provided within the region include:
- Family Relationship Counselling & Education Services
- Family Law Services
- Domestic & Family Violence Service
- Family Support Services
- Youth Support Service Longreach
- Fee for Service
Duties of the role include:
Mission, Vision and Values
- Support a positive culture within the organisation in line with CentacareCQmission, vision and values;
- Participate actively in formation activities.
Policy, Planning and Communication
- Ensure activities undertaken within the region support the strategic commitment and strategies outlined in the CentacareCQStrategic plan;
- Ensure the activities of each Social & Clinical Services business unit within the region are aligned towards the achievement of the KPI indicators and ensure regular reports are provided to the General Manager - Health & Wellbeing Services outlining how the business units are performing against the KPI;
- Create and support a culture of "Selling/Promoting" CentacareCQservices across the region to support the expansion of services and the achievement of KPI.
Financial and Resource Management and Control
- Regularly (monthly) monitor and review financial performance against approved annual budget and provide feedback on variations as requested;
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure the principles of stewardship are applied to all purchasing decisions made by service delivery staff;
- Identify opportunities for improving the financial performance and sustainability of each business through growth in revenue and/or reduction in expenditure.
Business development and Day-to-day Operation
- Ensure services are delivered across the region in accordance with organisation policies and procedures. Also ensure all services are provided in a manner that ensures the safety of both CentacareCQStaff and clients;
- Undertake sufficient planning and execution to ensure all contractual requirements within the region for service delivery are meet within budget guidelines;
- Participate in business development opportunities, particularly those geared to meet local needs or contribute towards the fulfilment of CentacareCQ's Mission;
- Ensure all client complaints and worker related incidents are investigated and resolved within the required timeframes and documented through the Riskman system.
Staff Leadership and Development
- Ensure all Social & Clinical Services staff, within the region, know what is expected and required of them and what their roles entail. Ensure regular feedback is provided to all staff and minimum standards of documented line management records are maintained;
- Ensure all Social & Clinical Services staff, within the region, are provided with training and development opportunities through the professional development plan, and ensure minimum qualification and competencies levels are maintained and documented for each role;
- Ensure feedback and performance management are undertaken within the team as required and complies with CentacareCQpolicies and procedures and include the completion of appropriate documentation;
- Ensure all appointments and promotions are carried out inline with the policies and procedures of CentacareCQensuring "Equal Opportunity" principles are applied and the most appropriate applicant is appointed.
Governance and Legal Matters
- Ensure each employee has a workplace that is free from bullying, harassment, discrimination and sexual harassment;
- Ensure the risk management framework is applied across all business units within the region and risk assessments are completed, documented and stored as required by CentacareCQ's policies and procedures;
- Ensure all workplace health and safety requirements are meet within the region at all times and ensure documentation (incidents) is recorded in Riskman wherever an incident occurs or reasonably could have occurred;
- Ensure the Regional Manager – Clinical & Social Services Central Region and other relevant managers are kept advised accurately and in a timely manner on all performance, risk, human resource, service delivery and other key organisational matters.
Internal and External Relationships
- Participate in and represent CentacareCQat community activities and networking opportunities to build awareness of CentacareCQ services;
- Ensure CentacareCQis recognised as a reputable and credible provider of services through a practice of good service delivery, a safe working environment and being responsive to consumer feedback;
- Maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders including Managers of organisational functions, the Regional Manager Central - Clinical and Social Services, The General Manager - Health and Wellbeing Services and the Director;
- Actively participate in and encourage the participation of all team members in organisational events and activities.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in an Australian Federal Police check and a Working with children check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia, and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.