Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Service Technician (HD Diesel Fitter) to join the Komatsu business, based at our Gladstone Branch.
Reporting to the Service Supervisor, the purpose of the role is to carry out maintenance and repairs on mobile equipment and ensure excellent customer service. The role plays an integral part in ensuring high levels of safety, quality and efficiency.
The successful person will be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical understanding of the design & function of Komatsu equipment.
This role is a 5/2 rostered position.
- Responsible for machine diagnostics and repairs.
- Carrying out testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems, utilising relevant literature and testing equipment.
- Involvement in coordinating site based equipment maintenance projects, in particular, coordinating job packet requirements, following job scope and critical path.
- The role requires the ability to generate required technical reports such as service reports and TSI & warranty claim processes.
- Using Komatsu operating programs such as Link One and SMAP.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we're looking for
- Relevant Trade Certificate - Mobile Plant Mechanic (HD Diesel Fitter / Mechanic)
- Minimum of five years post trade experience in a field maintenance position
- Current LR classification driver's licence (minimum requirements)
- Automotive Air Conditioning Licence will be highly regarded
- Auto Electrical experience, qualifications and diagnostic skills will be highly regarded
- A proven high level of customer service
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work in remote areas and unsupervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) experience, particularly with Komatsu equipment, and field service exposure including breakdowns and diagnostics, will also be highly regarded
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.