The Service Supervisor is responsible for service activities within the Sydney field service engineer team with focus on customer satisfaction. Responsible for carrying out installation, maintenance and corrective service of Waters Instruments and providing backup for engineer scheduling.
- To provide guidance, instruction and direction to the team.
- Ensure effective and efficient instrument installation and repair services with particular focus on customer satisfaction and ensuring overall service efficiency.
- Maintain accountability of team to ensure daily actions understood by way of direct and regular contact with team members.
- Conduct and document quarterly check-ins with team members as well as annual performance reviews.
- Help create and develop policies and procedures for the service team in line with Waters corporation global objectives.
- Handling customers’ queries via the Expert Center and backup with Engineer scheduling.
- Ensure the continual establishment and maintenance of effective customer relations by the following means
- Ensuring quickest possible response time.
- Keeping abreast of technical changes that occur within the product range.
- Ensuring the customers understand the current method of care of their Waters instrumentation.
- Carry out full system and module installation/ performance maintenance/ repairs of Waters products.
- Carry out other duties as directed.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree (chemistry preferred) or relevant working experience
- Good working knowledge of the use and application of LC and/or LC/MS
- 3-5 years’ experience in LC and/or LCMS including extensive troubleshooting
- Ability to lead and motivate direct reports
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Works well under pressure
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.