Disability Services Australia (DSA) is a dynamic values based organisation supporting over 2000 people with a disability. We support people to develop the skills and capabilities they need to gain independence and participate in society. We take pride in enabling opportunities for choice, inclusion and achievement for people with a disability.
About Your Role:
As our Service Manager, you are a leader and a champion of possibility. Working within a person-centred support framework, you lead and inspire your team to ensure that practice reflects both the customer goals and outcomes, and our mission and values. When managing the day to day of your Belfield site, you will provide a service that supports the National Standards for Disability Service. Our Service Manager recognises opportunities for improvement and changes to the process for a smoother service delivery.
This role will be exciting to those who are looking for their next challenge, and are wanting to further develop their leadership skills.
- Supervise and mentor customer facing direct support staff & volunteers.
- Complete day to day rostering and staff allocations.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with parents, families, carers, advocates and other service providers.
- Work with other agencies, community groups and other stakeholders to further interest of our customers.
- Work as a member of the Leadership team and contribute to revenue growth throughout the attraction and retention of customers.
- Conduct regular support and supervision with staff.
- Provide on call support to staff and customers as per CSS on-call roster requirements.
You are a collaborative leader, with management experience coaching and mentoring a team, particularly in a group home setting. Although you have the ability to give direction and delegate tasks to you team, you are hands on with your approach and support your team and customers. With your strong leadership skills, you are a confident communicator and are comfortable with handling conflict. You come from a Disability or Clinical background, and understand complex health care. Most importantly, you have a passion for the sector and relate to our mission and values.
Specific employment requirements
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Experience working in disability or similar industry is essential
- Knowledge of the NDIS framework
- Prior experience supervising a team is highly regarded
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to respond to request and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- First Aid Certificate
- Police check (or willing to obtain)
- Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain)
How You Can Join the Team:
To apply, please click on ‘Apply for this job now’.
To work at DSA, the successful applicant must undergo a Police Record Check and provide a NSW Working with Children Check verification number.
DSA is an EEO employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all members of the community.
DSA appreciates the time and effort candidates have taken to submit their applications however, please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.