Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS), proudly part of Uniting Care Queensland, have been improving people's lives since July 2014. We provide a flexible range of Aged Care and Community services and support across the Northern Territory including Darwin, Alice Springs, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Mutitjulu and Kaltukatjura (Docker River). With over 700 staff across the Northern Territory, we are a true community partner and our team promote our values of Compassion, Justice, Respect, Working Together, and Leading through Learning.
Drawing upon your previous management experience in Community Service and/or Disability, the Service Manager - Community Care Programs will provide leadership to a diverse team of staff delivering a range of Community Care programs including Commonwealth Home Support, Respite Options for Senior Territorians and NDIS.
In our Community Team we employ approximately 65 staff to deliver support services to over 500 participants. Based in our Regional Office in Casuarina, you will oversee a multidisciplinary team of Roster/Schedulers, Case Workers & Assessors, Nurses, Patient Care Assistants and Corporate Admin Support.
As an experienced, registered clinician or allied health professional, you’ll present with strong knowledge of Home Care funding and the complexities of care within a community environment. You’ll have a passion for client-advocacy, with a commitment to enhancing and enabling an exceptional standard of care.Our services span 365 days a year and the role will provide leadership to the team including developing innovation new services in line with the community need and organisational missions.
- Develop and implement quality administrative processes including our Client Management System (Procura)
- Develop expertise in relation to the NDIS, including the specific guidelines and requirements of SDA and SIL funding
- Ensure effectiveness and quality of service delivery,
- Expertise and skills in financial, resource and people management
- Experience in driving ongoing quality initiatives and improvements
- Ongoing commitment to self-evaluation and professional development
- Experience driving a culture of evidence-based, person-centre care
- Access to not-for-profit salary packaging & meals and entertainment benefits
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee assistance and wellness programs