Australian Unity is a national health, wealth and living organisation with $1 billion in revenue, providing services to more than 750,000 Australians. We are a mutual organisation with over 320,000 members and employ over 7000 people. Our purpose is to help people thrive.
Celebrating our 180 years of community support, we are here to make a difference every day, small things, big things and everything in between. We encourage you to join our team in this meaningful journey and make a difference in your local community.
Home and Disability Services:
Our Home and Disability Services provides top wellbeing services to the aged and those living with a disability across NSW. Our aim is to enable our clients to live in the comfort of their home€™s whilst receiving appropriate care and connecting with other members of the community. Our Services include domestic assistance, personal care and social activities.
We are seeking a Service Co-ordinator to join our Western Home Care Branch in Albury region, NSW on a permanent full-time basis.
About Your New Role:
As our Service Coordinator you will be the primary point of contact for our clients located in the Albury region. You will enjoy being actively out and about in your local community meeting with clients to ensure their care plans are developed and reviewed to meet their ongoing needs.
You will also be a real enabler for your team of Care Workers to deliver the BEST in tailored services and care, which truly empowers clients to be living at home both happily and safely.
You will deliver and manage the following in your new role:
- Manage and lead a Home Care service program, including the operational leadership of a team of Care Workers.
- Assist the Branch Manager with overall leadership support for the area, it€™s staff and clients
- Ensure excellence in client service delivery, including managing the assessment of client care and goal planning and the successful on-boarding of new clients.
- Managing client escalations and complaints to a high level of resolution.
- Developing exceptional relationships with both existing and new clients and their families.
- Developing effective collaborative relationships with other relevant service providers, including Community Support, Clinical and Allied Health services.
- Previous experience managing a service area or program within a Health Care, Aged Care or Community Service organisation
- Proven experience in coaching and developing high performing teams
- Experience managing a high-volume client caseload, including complex client care needs, service allocation and case management
- Experience managing home care packages from basic to complex needs
- Have access to an insured vehicle to perform all duties required in this role
- Valid NSW driving licence
Due to current climate and high volume of interest, successful applicants will be invited to attend virtual based interviews
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including police checks, reference checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates; however, will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.
Join us and thrive!
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from Indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people. To view our Reconciliation Action Plan, please click https://www.australianunity.com.au/about-us/reconciliation-action-plan