- Permanent Part Time Role - 40 Hours Per Fortnight
- Enjoy benefits including 5 weeks annual leave
- Salary Sacrifice is available - this benefit will increase your take home pay
ProCare Australia is the leading specialist recruitment agency for the community service industry in Australia, providing casual, locum and permanent career opportunities.
Established nearly 90 years ago, our client is one of the largest national Not For Profit service providers offering a large range of services including youth, child and family, community housing, residential aged care.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Youth Worker. In this role you will provide for the daily care needs and plan/implement relevant activities for young people that supports their individual care plan requirements; ensure young people’s physical and emotional wellbeing is maximised; assist young people in significant life domains as identified in their care plan
As a Senior Youth Worker, you will provide leadership of the team within area of responsibility; facilitate achievement of organisational strategies and delivery of high quality services
In addition to qualifications and experience, it is vital, all applicants have a passion for working with vulnerable Young People and want to make a real difference in their lives.
This is a permanent part time role offering 40 Hours Per Fortnight located across Hervey Bay / Maryborough, QLD.
- Provide for the daily care needs and plan/implement relevant activities for young people that supports their individual care plan requirements; ensure young people’s physical and emotional wellbeing is maximised; assist young people in significant life domains as identified in their care plan.
- Contribute to the development of programs; assist in the implementation and evaluation of programs in consultation with the Team Leader.
- Carry out household domestic duties to maintain a safe, clean and tidy environment; report identified maintenance needs and implement corrective action once authorised by management.
- Support and action the individual care plan requirements, in consultation with the Line Manager; ensure that regular communication is conducted between staff and management in relation to resident issues.
- Provide leadership of the team within area of responsibility; facilitate achievement of organisational strategies and delivery of high quality services.
To Be Successful
- A minimum completed Certificate IV level qualification in a child/youth related field as per Queensland minimum requirements
- Well developed problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills, and demonstrated ability to manage challenges of change and innovation
- A high level of reporting skills and computer literacy
- An understanding of trauma and attachment theories and the resulting behaviours likely to be demonstrated by our young people
- Current Blue Card or ability to obtain
- Current National Police Clearance or willing to obtain one
- Hold a Licensed Care Service (LCS2) checks or willing to obtain one
- Current QLD driver's license
- Hope and Healing Certificate
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Experience working with Indigenous and CALD clients
Salary and Benefits
Enjoy the security of Permanent Part Time Work!
You will receive benefits including 5 weeks of annual leave.
$35.72 P/HR - $70,582.72 PA Pro Rata for Part Time + Superannuation + Salary Sacrifice.
Salary packaging (also known as salary sacrifice) is an arrangement between you and your employer where you pay for some items or services straight from your pre-tax salary. You can salary package computers, cars, childcare and super, for example. This can reduce your taxable income and put more money in your pocket.
Find out more about positions available at www.procareaustralia.com.au