Are you interested in joining Metro Trains’ Metro Tunnel Team and bringing your wealth of Systems Assurance experience to support the delivery of Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?
If the answer is "yes", keep reading!
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM), is a proud partner in the delivery of major rail infrastructure projects across Melbourne, including the Metro Tunnel Project. The Metro Tunnel Project will deliver more frequent services for passengers by unlocking the City Loop and introducing new technology and infrastructure that will transform our network.
About the project:
The Metro Tunnel Project is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels and Stations Public Private Partnership.
This role is within the: Rail Systems Alliance (RSA).
About the role:
You will assist RSA in effectively ensuring system safety assurance requirements on the Metro Tunnel Project. This role will include facilitating a relationship between the Alliance and Metro Trains Melbourne to minimise risk exposure, and achieve management of MTM’s safety assurance requirements. The primary objective is providing a safe outcome to the project where accreditation requirements are also achieved effectively and as per expected project schedules.
Other tasks include production of documentation related to technical safety analysis, issues and arguments, close-out of safety risk So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable (SFAIRP), seamless relationship with the Alliance to achieve continuous reduction of MTM's risk exposure and management of MTM’s technical safety assurance requirements.
About your experience:
- Demonstrated experience on rail based projects including management and/or maintenance, and experience in engineering principles of planning and scheduling, and engineering report preparation techniques.
- An ability to implement MTM’s risk management process at a system level as well as a good understanding of the National Rail Safety Act and other relevant legislation (desirable)
- Proven track record of providing System Safety Assurance related services and facilitating hazard / risk workshops and a good working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative hazard identification techniques
- Understanding of safety-related standards would be desirable, including ISO 31000, ISO 31010, EN 50126-1, EN 50128, EN50129 and other appropriate Systems Safety Assurance standards, handbooks and specifications.
- An innate ability to communicate effectively and assurance projects, whilst fostering quality relationships from the on-set.
- You will hold relevant Engineering Qualifications in a relevant discipline
This is a fantastic 3-yr max term opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your applications by COB 31st July 2020.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.