Your new company
An exciting new opportunity is available for a Senior System Administrator on a Permanent basis at one of Canberra’s leading IT solution providers.
Your new role
As a Senior System Administrator, you will understand the demands of the position, support team members and deliver outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders. This role is expected to achieve project KPI’s and provide ownership and accountability for our managed services with exceptional communication from start to finish.
- Provide desktop, server, application, infrastructure and network support to a variety of clients both scheduled and reactive
- Assisting with project & BAU activities
- Assisting clients with support requests; migrations, installations, hardware builds and troubleshooting etc.
- Assist in the service acceptance process
- Deliver high quality and timely levels of service to clients by providing excellent customer service
- Enter all ticket and time entries into the Netier CRM database (ConnectWise)
- Maintenance of the CRM database and ensuring all clients and ticket information is up to date
- Maintain a rotational position on the after-hours support phone roster
- Provide an escalation point for all level 1 and 2 incidents, problems and service requests
- Assist the Service Manager in developing and enhancing existing Escalation Management processes
- Provide a primary point of escalation for the service team
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in IT support
- IT qualifications or experience in IT support
- Windows support and troubleshooting experience – Windows 7- 10
- Networking fundamentals knowledge, CCNA or equivalent knowledge preferred
- Windows Server management (2008 to 2016)
- MS Active Directory/Exchange/SQL
- Virtualisation – VMware (preferred)/HyperV/AHV(preferred)/KVM
- Excellent communication, time management and organisation
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing priorities and technology environment
What you'll get in return
- Working simultaneously across a diverse range of interesting projects in a high performing and collaborative work environment.
- Security clearance is not needed. (Must be eligible to obtain one if needed)
- Flexible work arrangements - to work on a rotational roster.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call now on (02) 6257 9802 or email [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2586013