Senior Study Manager - Mining
Australia - South Australia, Adelaide
Following a variety of recent project wins, and with several high-value opportunities identified in the South Australian market, we have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Study Manager (Mining) to join our growing Adelaide Resource, Power & Industrial (RPI) team.
The Senior Study Managers role is to safely and efficiently deliver projects for key mining clients across all stages of the project lifecycle from Scoping, Pre-feasibility, through to Definition and into execution phase. This will require coordination between numerous internal and external stakeholders and leading internal teams to deliver with full accountability across the quality, budget, schedule and risk management of projects of various sizes and complexity. The role will require management of key client relationships and expectations with an emphasis on your ability to deliver on time and to a high standard.
The successful candidate must also possess strong skills in the areas of business development ideally with already established relationships with key clients in the South Australian mining sector and have experience with responding to Requests for Tender and Expressions of Interest with a history of bidding and winning work. In particular candidates with prior experience in delivering greenfield and brownfield mining studies in South Australia are preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability of delivering multi-discipline projects and studies
- Client focused and able to foster long term key client relationships leading to repeat work
- Able to identify opportunities and actively pursue and convert leads
- Experience in developing proposals including budgets, resourcing and methodology in response to study EOI/RFT’s
- Detailed understanding of project lifecycle and study delivery
- Effectively manages project personnel, resourcing and technical interfaces
- Experience working as a study manager or in a management role within the mining industry
- 10-15 years’ experience preferably client side or as a consultant delivering study projects for mining clients.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as Project Management or Engineering
- Candidates with post graduate studies in Project or Business Management or holding Chartered Professional Engineering (CP Eng) status would be highly regarded.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.