Location: WTC MELBOURNE, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We€™re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
Working on our OneSky Project, the Senior Software Configuration Manager will manage the CMATS release and tools configuration including the subsystems release delivery required as part of the integration, verification and validation activities. You will also provide expert guidance/assistance as required to other technical teams in regard to configuration matters.
- Manage the CMATS IVVA Release and Tools Configuration and the release delivery.
- Ensure that CMATS Release and Tools Configuration items (HW and SW) used for integration, verification and validation activities are captured and consistent with the system baseline.
- Ensure that traceability is established in accordance with the software management plan (SMP) and its related deliverables.
- Support the defect management and configuration audits.
- Build and update the Key Performance Indicators with the associated reports and dashboards
- Contribute to the development and achievement of IVVA goals, objectives and key results by participating in regular department meetings.
How About You?
- Degree qualification in Engineering (Computer and Networking), IT Systems Engineering, Information Security or related equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience working in a similar Software Configuration Management role working on large, real time software-based systems.
- Experience using and configuring tools such as Bitbucket, Gitflow, Jfrog, Jenkins,Python and Jira, are essential.
- Extensive experience in configuration management standards and processed with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work in an integrated team environment managing multiple stakeholders.
Good to Know
You€™ll get an email acknowledgement after you€™ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit €“ http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you€™ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!