Talenza are currently partnering with one of the central financial services organizations in Australia to place a Senior Security Analyst - Threat Hunting to join their highly skilled team of Analysts.
This is a great opportunity to work in one of the most sophisticated security environments here in Australia, with the opportunity to work with core banking technology. The right candidate will be proactive in threat hunting, and will have experience working in large enterprise environments.
- Monitor threat intelligence sources and feeds to determine potential risks against the client and its
- Identify and report on operational events and trends of current and future threats and make strategic recommendations to counter those threats.
- Make recommendations, based on research, analysis and understanding of information assets, of active alerting to be configured for early warning of potential security events.
- Perform in-depth malware analysis of suspected files and make recommendations to mitigate the threat to the Bank and its systems.
- Recognize when an IT network/system has been attacked internally, by a remote host, or by malicious code, such as virus, worm or Trojan etc., or when a breach of security has occurred and alert the Mitigation & Response team for further investigation and remediation.
- Undertake research into new security tools and techniques to maintain currency of analysis and monitoring
- Stay abreast of new cyber threats and their potential impact.
- Rotation on a regular basis to BRS will be required.
- Broad, expert knowledge of Information Security principles and practices across infrastructure and
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and components, OSI model, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN networking, internet technologies and other related protocols.
- Broad understanding of IT Security principles associated with networks, internet, email, operating systems, firewalls, VPN's, databases, virus management, intrusion detection, cryptography and ecommerce, with high level expertise/specialisation in several of these fields.
- Thorough knowledge of one or more operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Z/OS and AIX and security configurations.
- Knowledge and understanding of cybercrime and fraud.
- Experience in supporting IT or security infrastructure and the assessment of security risks.
- Experience with behavioural malware analysis.
- Considerable technical expertise and judgement to operate a Security Incident Event Management system and undertake log analysis of various formats.
If you're an experienced Security Analyst, looking for a challenging position within a household Australian name, then please apply within - or reach out to Alex Rawlinson |