Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
In this position - located in our Sydney office located in Macquarie Park - you will join a small, energetic, friendly team focused team as a lead engineer on SCADA implementation and related projects in the energy generation, transmission and distribution industry As a Senior Project Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance including overseeing activities of less experienced engineers.
- Evaluate contract specifications and define project requirements.
- Communicate detailed software enhancement requirements to the internal departments as needed.
- Design, plan, integrate, test and commission SCADA systems, either in EMS/GMS or ADMS space, including:
- Assist in creating project and product documentation as needed.
- Understand and document customer system and service requirements, through customer contact and communications.
- Execute or witness commissioning tests such as factory or site acceptance tests (FAT/SAT).
- Prepare supporting documentation and reports.
- Work on several projects in parallel in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct trainings at Customer site and in OSI premises.
- Australian Citizen or Permanent resident with full working rights, preferably based in Sydney.
- Bachelor's degree either in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or a related field of engineering.
- 5+ years of related experience in utility industry with one or more of SCADA, Energy Management System (EMS), Distribution Management System (DMS), Outage Management System (OMS) and DERMS.
- Preferably this experience shall come from Australian or New Zealand based utilities, consultancy companies or international vendors.
- Strong technical background in automation and computer control systems and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of electric utilities & power systems operations, communications with field devices (i.e. RTU, IED, etc.), relational databases and operating systems and/or network engineering.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability and flexibility to travel to domestic and international customer sites.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts verbally and in writing.
In addition to the above, we are looking for an engineer with a genuine interest in technology and improvement, with excellent teamwork and communication skills, a flexible attitude and perseverance.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees. Benefits include a generous amount of paid time off, paid holidays, flexible work hours, casual dress code and exciting travel opportunities, Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development.