Freelancer Limited, the ASX-listed company that owns Freelancer.com and Escrow.com, is hiring. Eleven-time Webby award-winning Freelancer.com is the world's largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace, which connects millions of employers to freelancers across the globe. Escrow.com is a global fintech industry leader in secure online payments, having handled over US$3.5 billion in transactions buying and selling boats, cars, airplanes, jewellery, fine art, and even trips to the planned Aurora space station in 2021!
Freelancer Limited has multiple open roles in product management across the group. Product managers are the CEO of the product they manage. They have responsibility over every aspect of the product including design, engineering, quality, testing, monitoring, analytics, data science, UI/UX. marketing, communications, growth, product optimisation, legals, associated operational product teams, copy writing, support., feedback, NPS and user testing.
Product managers run a team of engineers, data scientists, growth hackers, graphic designers (and other roles). They live and breathe the statistics of the the product. They are responsible for writing the product specification and wire frames, and breaking that specification down into an agile development process. Ultimately, the most important thing is that they figure out how to grow the north star metric and usage for the product.
If you thrive on taking an evidence-based approach, love pushing the boundaries of web products, and are passionate about having a real impact on a global (and growing) technology company, then we want to hear from you!
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Ability to process and analyse complex data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions. Knows SQL.
- Deep understanding of the web user experience (e.g. pricing strategy, technology, user flow)
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces – ability to create wire frames and mockups
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies
- 5+ years in a product manager role
What makes a good product manager?
- Attention to detail
- A sense of ownership over all aspects of the product
- A sense of urgency to deal with issues
- Hybrid skill sets, a jack of all trades
- Technical background e.g. computer science, electrical engineering, science
- Growth hacker
- Maths & statistics
- Initiative & leadership
- Great communicator
- Can write great copy, a born marketer
- Engaging presenter to audiences small and large
- Frequently talks to customers
- Can rapidly iterate product to achieve an outcome
This won’t be a cog-in-the-machine job; you will be joining a global technology company that is a meritocracy, so if you are looking to make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts, this is the place for you.
We also offer a fun atmosphere working with smart people in an awesome office with fully-stocked kitchens, social events, hackathons, and more.
For more information see www.freelancer.com/careers