Senior Manager Privacy Compliance
Do work that matters
Using your privacy and compliance expertise, you will lead the Compliance privacy risk agenda. Working closely with the Group Privacy Office, Privacy Advisor and Group Compliance, you will operate in a leadership capacity by driving the agenda in ensuring compliance with relevant privacy regulations and supporting group-wide privacy governance. You will review, challenge and advise the business on the establishment of privacy capability and ongoing privacy risk management.
See yourself in our team
This particular role sits within compliance, which operates within the broader Group Risk Management function. Compliance aims to significantly reduce or remove the potential for the business unit and its staff to be exposed to harm arising from compliance breaches. Line 2 also helps protect the business from the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems, or external events. It includes legal, regulatory, fraud, business continuity and technology risks but excludes strategic and reputational risks.
On any given day you will
- Provide proactive advice, support and insight to enhance privacy awareness and decision making
- Conduct independent review of the effectiveness of privacy risk management practices and the control environment, advising on areas of improvement
- Approve and accept privacy risk considerations in business strategic planning process in line with privacy risk appetite, escalating issues to the relevant governance forum where appropriate
- Review and challenge business responses to regulator requests, and support the Group Chief Privacy Officer to manage engagements with privacy regulators
- Assist business to identify privacy obligations and advise on embedding and monitoring of same privacy obligations
- Conduct end to end testing of privacy related controls and report on Line 2 privacy related monitoring and assurance activities
- Support the establishment of sufficient capability and capacity within Privacy and Compliance
- Lead, manage, coach and develop business in Line 2, incorporating direct reports, business partners and their teams
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities both within Compliance and beyond the wider CBA group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
- Tertiary qualification/s in a relevant discipline e.g. Law, Business, Finance
- Extensive industry experience in Compliance, Legal, Risk or Controls gained in a relevant financial business
- A proven track record dealing with privacy related issues for financial services firms and/or multi-national organisations
- Substantial information governance and risk management experience as well as expert knowledge of data protection, privacy and the risk and control environment
- Demonstrated experience in conducting monitoring activities and assurance reviews
- Extensive working knowledge of national and international privacy laws and regulations and their applicability to the jurisdictions in which the business operates
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.