- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Newstead location with flexible work culture provided
- Senior role overseeing commercial credit assessment
The Senior Manager Business Credit is responsible for the analysis, assessment and decisioning of Commercial submissions exercising an appropriate Delegated Approval Authority (DAA).
The purpose of this role is to ensure the credit risk accepted by the bank is of an appropriate standard and structure, and that pricing obtained on the exposure is commensurate with the terms and risk.
This role will also oversee a coaching and mentoring function by way of promoting a prudent credit culture to network colleagues, balanced with a proactive approach to deal-structuring which, in turn, facilitates a positive business-gathering environment. These functions are undertaken through personal interactions and collaboration, including client involvement as appropriate to transaction size. Presentations to Business review Panel and Executive Credit Committee will also be required.
In addition to the above, the Senior Manager Business Credit will contribute to credit policy development. This role is viewed as integral support to achievement of BOQ's business strategy outcomes in terms of both quality and growth targets.
We are seeking an experienced individual with a sound background in all aspects of credit risk (i.e. credit risk assessment and credit policy). Additional experience in Asset Management specific to distressed commercial lending exposures would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong customer focus when liaising with both internal and external stakeholders
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and consultation skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organisation
- Experience in analysing complex financial statements and corporate structures
- Ability to consider and integrate a broad range of factors in structuring and decisioning proposals, e.g. general credit worthiness, identification and mitigation of risks, assessment of cash flow adequacy and repayment capacity, and sound understanding of property valuation principles
- Knowledge of the Consumer Credit Code, Code of Banking Practice and other regulatory and legal considerations.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.