About Our Client
Client is a leading Not For Profit in the aged care sector that is passionate about providing care to the elderly and thrive to be the best in the industry.
- Design, implement & evaluate quality management and control systems
- Ensure that financial and management accounting service complies with the legal, accounting, company and ethical requirements.
- Ensure all documentation, processes, procedures and systems are effective, simple and standardised.
- Identify, implement and review financial procedures to minimise risk, satisfy legislative requirements and create efficiencies
- Proactively seek feedback from facilities, service providers and other employees
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of effective internal controls, information management systems, processes and procedures.
- In consultation with the Financial Accounting team, identify areas for improvement. Assist in prioritising issues and their solutions.
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Provide coordination and support to Finance staff and management in relation to professional aspects of finance and management accounting services, systems, quality control and improvement.
- Ensure the integrity of the data and processes used to produce management reports.
- Assist the finance team as required with the preparation of monthly financial reporting.
- Review monthly financial statements and reconciliations to ensure accuracy of results.
- Prepare Board & Management reports providing commentary on variances. Ensure financial statements meet reporting deadlines.
- Ongoing financial analysis of results and projects. Recommend corrective action as required.
- Prepare the detailed annual operating and capital budgets including income, costs and cash flow projections.
- Assist in preparation of forecast as required.
- Liaise with external auditors providing the necessary support to ensure timely and accurate completion of audit.
- Assist in preparation of statutory reports as required.
- Undertake projects at the request of the CFO.
- Ensure your actions & processes are compliant with WHS legislation & operate in accordance with established WHS practice & procedures.
Planning & Financial Management
- Advise on management accounting matters with suggested solutions. Bring them to the attention of the CFO.
- Contribute to development, implementation and monitoring of plans, operational policies and procedures,staff meetings, working parties, focus groups etc., for overall best practise management.
- Organise and prioritise own day to day work, work activities according to task urgency, reporting deadlines and as directed by the CFO.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of financial measures that support the company strategic directions.
Internal & External Relationship Management
- Maintain effective networks and relationships with all employees, Auditors and other key stakeholders as required.
- Proactively seek out work in down time to support the team and enhance operational
- Provide leadership, direction and support to finance staff. Provide back up support for team members as required
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification accounting experience.
- CA or CPA qualified.
- Advanced system and Excel skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards.
- Proven experience in working with management teams and setting budgets.
- Demonstrated professional level competence in financial management, financial reporting and variance analysis, budgeting and operational planning, complex reconciliations, time management, industry bench marking; continuous quality improvement; WH&S and external and community relations.
- Possess a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Capacity to provide leadership.
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Health and/or Aged Care sectors including legislative standards and compliance requirements.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to be part of a high performing finance team in a senior role
- Above market rate salary package
- Convenient Western Sydney location
- Parking on site available