Location: Rhodes, Sydney
2 Year Fixed-term Contract
5+ years’ experience
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
Under the supervision and guidance of her/his primary Community of Practice Lead and Product Group Manager based in Switzerland, the Senior IS/IT Operations Specialist is responsible for sustain, deployment, retirement and leverage for a product or a platform.
The Senior IS/IT Operations Specialist is responsible for the effective and efficient operational support of the aligned products. S/He is also responsible for operational service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency, productivity and agility goals are achieved. May also coordinate activities of Specialists and Jr Specialists or cross streams when involved in projects.
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
Reporting to the IS/IT Operations Team Lead, responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensures the delivery of efficient and secure IT operations, supports IT systems that fulfil the needs of the business, and provides input to the development team and tech lead as well as to peers responsible for other aspects of operations
- Oversees the support processes that include incident, problem, change, configuration, and event management
- Ensures IT strategic service partners provide the required level of service, system performance and functionality required to meet business commitments
- Supports the implementation and management of quality and efficiency improvements of IT service delivery, to drive value and support
- Supports market & project testing; supports specification, configuration & sustain activities and utilizes 3rd party services as directed
- Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration with the existing IT operations environment
- Runs small-scale projects (managed work activities) for the deployment of functionalities
- Works with product or platform teams to ensure good coordination of IT changes without impacting business processes
- Works with supplier teams to ensure good coordination of product changes without impacting IT Consumers and business processes
- Responsible for operational compliance of all technology-related issues across IT including information security, privacy, business continuity, identity management, user access and data integrity
ARE YOU A FIT?
- Joining a collaborative team of Specialists, you will be a strong team player with a history of delivering results in a high pressure and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in IT, preferably working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Wintel and Cloud Technologies - VMware, Hyper-V, Window, PowerShell, Active Directory, Server Hardware (HP), SAN, 3PAR
- Experience in service management principles and execution
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and managing performance to achieve key metrics
- Experience explaining technical concepts and technologies
- Experience working in a global environment and with virtual teams
- Effective communication and presentation skills are vital as you develop working partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, such as service integrators, service provides and vendors across the globe (face-to-face and remote)
- With stakeholders based in various time zones, flexibility is essential as you participate in teleconferences and activities outside of standard business hours.
- Nestle offers flexible working hours and working from home, enabling you on how to get your job done and will help you balance your work with your personal commitments.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and have Permanent Residency.
Nestlé enjoys a reputation as one of the world’s largest FMCG companies and we are driven by our purpose - enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our inclusive and high performance culture is a testament to the great training, development, rewards and recognition we extend to every member of our 5,000-strong Oceania workforce. Nestlé Oceania supports a culture of diversity and inclusion in all that we do. Take a look at https://www.nestle.com.au/careers/ to see some of the ways we live and practice this every day in our workplace.
For more information please visit our website @ www.nestle.com.au/careers or Our LinkedIn page http://www.linkedin.com/company/nestle-s-a-
Interested? Apply online today
With the exceptional circumstances being experienced globally due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Nestlé is working hard to support all our candidates and new starters during these critical times. Please be aware that our entire recruitment processes will be conducted virtually. This includes the application process, telephone screening, video-interviewing, online assessments and offer paperwork.