Your new company
As part of the City Development branch the Senior Specialist Engineer will provide professional advice to Council on statutory approvals, development standards, flooding and stormwater matters and Operational Works applications. The position will assist in assessing the suitability of proposed developments with particular emphasis on the hydraulic and stormwater management issues associated with the City’s extensive waterway and flood plain systems.
Your new role
- manage risks to the City by checking officer recommendations for inclusion into Planning reports and City decisions.
- provide high level specialist advice as a stakeholder to the various sections within Council
- provide mentoring function to other officers within the Operational Works and Hydraulics and Water Quality teams.
- provide representation on complex flooding matters for appeal matters, Committee and Council meetings.
- undertake assessment of the more complex flooding matters
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering.
- Postgraduate qualification(s) in hydrology, hydraulics, water engineering, or environmental engineering, including working experience in hydraulic engineering is highly desirable.
- Sound knowledge and experience of various computer modelling techniques and packages on 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling, hydrologic modelling and stormwater drainage / network modelling.
- An awareness of general environmental planning and best management practices with regards to stormwater management, flooding and hydraulic conveyance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) principles and their use in urban development.
- A sound understanding of development assessment.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present and articulate complex/technical matters.
- The ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to [email protected], or call us now 07 5526 4291.
LHS 297508 #2497519