About Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
RIC is a specialist team dedicated to enabling the University's research and enterprise mission working closely with our academics, professional colleagues, industry partners, funding agencies and government agencies. We have a passion to see our academics and their collaboration partners succeed, achieve research excellence and translate their discoveries into real-world innovation and impact. RIC operates University-wide across all ten Faculties and Chancellery. At a high level our capabilities include:
- Strategic relationship development with Industry partners, including Innovation Precincts
- Business development, research marketing and communications, intellectual property management and technology transfer mechanisms in partnership with the investment community
- Proposal funding submission and post-award support including contracts and research accounting from a wide range of funders. Specialized services for larger schemes such as MRFF, ARC and NHMRC Centers, ITRPs and CRCs and international programs.
- Research ethics, integrity, governance and quality
- Research infrastructure asset management
- Training and development programs for academic and professional staff
We aspire to service excellence every single day and creating an innovative, positive culture where feedback is valued, success is recognized and the University comes first in decision-making. We value big thinking on a global scale, attention to detail and care about our researchers' success, the personal development of our team members and ensuring RIC is a great place to work at the University.
About the role
As the Senior Grants Officer (International), your role will be to expertly facilitate project set up of complex, multidisciplinary, Internationally funded research projects at the University. A key requirement to be successful in this position is experience and a passion for building strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders across Academic Divisions, the COO Portfolio, and Melbourne’s extensive network of Medical Research Institutes. The Senior Grants Officer (International) will play a key role in building capacity across the University in post-award administration of International research grants through a combination of activities including mentorship to junior staff, training and will have the opportunity to supervise up to 2 direct reports.
You will have:
- a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and subsequent relevant experience and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Demonstrated experience providing service orientated, negotiation and management of contracts.
- Demonstrated experience building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver programs and/or coordination of projects.
- Financial acumen with an understanding of financial terminology and concepts and the ability to analyse budgets against guidelines and policy.
- Expert knowledge of international grant funding programs and funding rules, with specific knowledge in relation to USA and other overseas funding bodies (e.g., European and UK)
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria