Senior Financial Analyst - Accounting Advisory & Transactions
Our Lion story is one of hard work, great people and innovative thinking, all driven by a passion to meet our customer’s needs and have them at the heart of every decision we make.
Based in Sydney Olympic Park, we have an opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst – Accounting Advisory & Transactions, to work within the Group Financial Reporting Team. This permanent role has been newly created due to the ambitious growth plans of the Lion business.
The role will focus on Lion’s core growth divisions and will be a key support in the accounting workstream to assess M&A activity, business valuations and transactions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business valuations – owning Lion’s annual carrying value review process (which values each of Lion’s businesses) including reporting on this to the Board;
- Business partnering – working with business partners to provide a broad range of ad hoc financial advisory services using both your commercial acumen and technical accounting skills;
- Projects – Working with project teams to execute strategic M&A projects being responsible for the accounting considerations and providing commercial insights and recommendations.
- Documenting accounting guidance papers – working with the group accounting team in writing key accounting guidance papers in relation to new accounting standards and significant transactions; and
- Driving improvements to financial policy governance.
As a CA/CPA qualified professional with at least 5 years experience in a Big 4 firm or large Corporate, you will use your strong technical knowledge, commercial thinking and experience in working on M&A transactions to support our growth initiatives here at Lion. You will use your strong communication and problem-solving skills to business partner and deliver successful outcomes in a fast-paced and changing business environment.
At Lion we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. One of the ways we do this is through LIONFlex which is our flexible working framework enabling agile and innovative teams that help deliver our business goals. Talk to us to understand how LIONFlex could work for you.
Start a conversation today and apply now.